
Bathroom humidifier...to add contrast.

Taping down paper. Right now I'm using Arches Platine. I have a piece of fom-cor that I cut to help me use as a guide for putting down some light pencil marks on the paper so I can brush the solution where I want.

First of two coats. I use 5ml of solution for each coat. I'm using a Richeson 9010 brush...affectionately known a the 'Magic Brush' in certain circles.

The placement card works as an effective fan to help dry the coats after brushing.

Exposure unit safely tucked away in the basement. Reflector strategically placed on water heater to maximize UV projection.

This is what the print looks like after exposure, but prior to development.

Developing print in lightly running tap water. My paper was too big for the tray on my first attempt...I forgot to trim it before placing it in the water. Rookie mistake.

Fixing the print in a solution of 4 oz. of fixer to 1 gallon of water.

Rinsing the print in the running water. I had to fold it over and kind of shuffle it around to get it washed. This was when I decided I really needed to trim the paper before getting it wet. I got it figured out now. For the 12x20 negative I like a sheet of paper that measures 17x25.

Abigail hair-drying a test strip.

My drying area in the front room.
1 comment:
The violin is a nice touch. Does it help with the drydown?
Post a Comment